Thursday 27 October 2011

94.5 KFM Blog

Hello everyone! I am going to Blog about 94.5 KFM Radio Station.
I am going to be writing about their competitions, music they play and how incredibly awesome they are!

Firstly, to start off with, KFM's competitions are really cool. KFM has what we call klupVIP. In order to become a klupVIP member, all you have to do is SMS your name and ID number to 33536. Being a klubVIP member allows you to enter most of KFM's competitions. There is usually a competition every week and the draw in on Friday. I am a klupVIP member and, honestly, it is so nice to be a member, because it feels like you're part of the KFM team. After you are a klupVIP member, some people might ask: How do I earn klupVIP points? Well, it's pretty simple, all you have to do is listen to KFM and the presenter who is on air will tell you what word you must SMS and the number you SMS it to is 33536.
You can also enter competitions by SMSing KFM if they are running a competition for something and it doesn't require klupVIP points.
Every Saturday, there is a Presenter by the name of Mark Pilgrim, who runs a competition every Saturday on Take40SA. When you hear the Trigger Track: you SMS your name, ID Number and the song's position, for Jo'berg and for Cape Town, and then Mark Pilgrim picks randomly a winner, and that person - If they answer their phone - will win the prize, which is a large amount of money.
I must admit, KFM does run awesome competitions.

Secondly, KFM plays very nice tracks. Ha! I actually only realized about 2 months ago that most Radio Stations only play Singles that are released. Here is the reason why: "Generally radio stations receive singles from an artists' record label and these are the songs that will have videos, press, marketing and performances etc tailored around them. Stations do sometimes play album tracks that are not singles but more often than not the songs that are big hits are the singles." - I got this information from a person who works for Primedia and is helped me out.
(Primedia is a building located in Town area and KFM is in the Primedia building.).
Overall, most Radio Stations play Singles from an Artists' Album because it is a big hit and most people will listen to that specific track.

Lastly, but most certainly not least, I am going to write about how incredibly awesome KFM is. To be honest, there was a competition on KFM a few months ago (about 2 months ago) and I entered this competition, which was called "Fan It". With "Fan It", you enter and then everyday, there were 3 random selected names called out on KFM 6 times every week day and since then, I've started to really listen to KFM, not that I haven't listened to KFM in the past. I have listened to KFM before, but, for me, it's a habit to listen to KFM everyday.
If you SMS KFM for the At work - Network and you request for a song, you might not hear the song on the same day, but if you SMS everyday, I guarantee you that KFM will play the song you have requested. Trust me, I know. You just have to be patient, KFM will get back to you.

Now, I listen to KFM every week day. All the presenters are really awesome! Each week morning, if you SMS a birthday wish to someone, KFM will read out your SMS.
Each morning, there is now a GK Teen where two Teenagers get questioned by one of the Presenters, whom is Ryan O Conner and the one teenager who answers the most questions correctly, wins the prize.

Recently, round about in July, I remember it was the first week of School for the 3rd Term and one morning, KFM asked: How has your week been? So I SMSed, saying: "My week so far. School started, got my first project that I'm actually happy to work on.". After about 20 minutes, I got a phone call from KFM and when I was talking on air, I wasn't nervous at all! Sure, my Heart was pounding fast, but I was so happy to be on air with KFM. I was chatting to Ryan O Conner about my school project - My school project was that we had to Design a Poster and a Headpiece for a Brazilian Carnival, that was our theme. So this day when KFM phoned me, I was starting with my collage for my Design. Now my project is completed.
The second I was on KFM was, in fact, for the GK Teens. I was up against a girl from UCT. The Score was 3 - 5. I got 3, but after we played GK Teens, Ryan O Conner said that I did very well on GK Teens.
Ha! At school, two of my teachers told me I did do very well and even though I did not win, I was brave enough to be on air with a Radio Station and I have tried my best (which i did.).
My name, many of times, have also been mentioned on KFM for Birthday wishes, At work - Network and Shout Outs.

Finally, I would just like to end off by saying that KFM is a wonderful Radio Station and they are, indeed, incredibly Awesome! You can chat to them on Facebook, Twitter or you can SMS them. They are truly, a very lovely Radio Station. It's always nice to listen to their stories and also listen to the Eye-Witness News, it's very interesting to know what is happening, and not to forget the Traffic Updates, which people SMS in and say where there is traffic across the Cape.

Thank you to all the Presenters I mainly Listen to: KFM Breakfast: Ryan O Conner, Charmaine Noy and Jeremy Harris. Here are the other Presenters: Benito Vergotine, Elana Afrika, Lee Downs, Keri Miller and let's not forget about the Take40SA Presenter: Mark Pilgrim and the KFM Ground Patrol - KFM Ground Patrol go around the Cape and are at Random locations, and give out free things. You might need to give them a password (If required) and you'll receive whatever KFM Ground Patrol have. It's really nice what KFM Radio Station does. There are so many other things I can say about KFM, but this sums it all up, of how really Awesome KFM is.
If you do not Listen to KFM Radio Station, I recommend you to listen to this specific Radio Station.

Thank you for reading,
Much love.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, could you tell me how to enter the GK Teens competition, please? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You call KFM by this number: 0861536945
    You usually call before 07:30am.

    ReplyDelete