Thursday 6 October 2011

My Review of the new Locnville "Running to Midnight" album. By Andria Mackinnon

Hello Everyone! I am going to talk about my review of the new Locnville "Running to Midnight" album.

I would like to start off by saying that when
Locnville's first album, "Sun in my Pocket" was released, I never got around to listen to the album. Ha! To be honest, I never actually listened to Locnville's music, because I mainly listen to Rock, Hard rock and Alternative rock. I love rock music, but hip-pop is not really one of my favourite types of Genres of music.

Last year, my sister received the
Locnville "Sun in my Pocket" album for her birthday and I listened to some of the music. I thought it was quite good, it had a nice up-beat to it and I thought the music was pretty good. To be honest, I didn't really like Locnville at the start and I wasn't really into their music, but towards the end of last year, about in August, after I saw Locnville Live in Concert at the Grand West Arena, it changed. Change I am meaning that at the concert, I started to actually get into the music and I started to mainly listen to the one song "6 Second Poison".

Ha! I'm just trailing off....
Haha......
My review for the new Locnville album: I must admit, the new Locnville "Running to Midnight" album is mellow. The "Sun in my Pocket" album was more of a up beat and you felt like you wanted to dance to the songs, but the "Running to Midnight" album is a lot more mellow and more relaxed, which is a good thing, because if you ever just want calm music in the background (For example, if you want to read a book or magazine), the "Running to Midnight" album is perfect for that. The "Running to Midnight" album is worth buying, I promise you, you won't regret buying the album. I do remember an interview with Andrew and Brian, saying that this album is their best album yet, which I totally agree with. Heck! I thought the album will be the same, but it wasn't, the album is a really good listen and a good buy. For example, "Here We Are" is a very relaxing song, especially the line "Hold me in your arms". To me, that line sounds like a "opera". I love all the songs on the album. They are all really amazing. My top 3 songs are "Stars Above You", "Staring at the world 0utside" and "City Lights".

Lastly, I would like to share my thoughts about the "Stars Above You" song and music video: I think the song is excellent and the way the lyrics say "When the Stars are above you". Then the music starts up in the beginning of the song, it's really amazing. It doesn't matter if you are at a party or just relaxing somewhere, this song is great for anything. This song is definitely a big hit. The music video is also amazing because it has a "Lords of the Rings" effect to it. I love all the visual effects that was in the music video. I thought it was amazing and I loved the Husky in the music video, because a husky is my favourite type of dog in the world. That's what I thought of "Stars Above You".


Thanks for reading everyone,

I hope you like this blog,
Much Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment